CrossFit ABF – CrossFit Personal Training
Background: This workout was designed in place for the annual Out of the Darkness Community Walks to benefit the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) @afspnational.
Started back in 2004, the community walk only had 4,000 walkers and it grew to more than 350,000 walkers by 2019. Due to COVID, the 2020 Out of the Darkness Community Walk was cancelled. But to bring the community together, Nicole Gamm reached out to Tristan Fouard, CF-L2 and owner of M4G CrossFit @m4gcrossfit (Indianapolis, IN, USA) to design this workout.
Nicole gave Tristan the statistics and movements to use and asked him for a difficult Partner WOD that will leave you on the floor. A type of heavy grind that will cause you to give it everything you have. The workout was first performed at M4G CrossFit on September 12, 2020.
The rep scheme signifies:
– 988 meter for the number of the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline that will be made available by 2022
– 10 rounds for suicide being the 10th leading cause of death for Americans
– 14 reps for the 1.4 million suicide attempts in the age-adjusted suicide rate per 100,000 individuals
– 20 reps for the number of veterans we lose to suicide every day
– 33 reps for the 33rd founding anniversary of AFSP
– 132 calories for the average number of people who die by suicide every day.
Warm-up (No Measure)
10 Rower pike ups
10 Banded good mornings
With a little help from my friends (Time)
Buy-In: 988 meter Row
Then, 10 Rounds of:
14 D-Ball Ground to Over the Shoulders (AHAP)
20 Partner Plank Burpees
33 Wall Ball Shots (20/14 lb)
Buy-Out: 132 calorie Bike